OUR PROMISE TO YOU
The Tower Hotel has introduced a new standard of hotel cleanliness and disinfectant where our guests can enjoy an even cleaner and safer stay. Our hotel team are receiving ongoing briefings and enhanced information protocols. We take great pride in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene. All government guidelines will be strictly adhered to by the hotel and we have also added our own extra measures to ensure you can enjoy the wonderful, warm welcome of the Tower Hotel once more.
Travelling to Ireland during the COVID-19 Pandemic Please note, Ireland will be following the EU’s coordinated approach to travel restrictions in the context of COVID-19. This ‘traffic lights’ approach provides for regions across the EU and the UK to be categorised as green, orange, red or grey, on the basis of the risk levels associated with COVID-19. A combined indicator map is updated weekly by the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC), based on agreed criteria, including the 14-day cumulative incidence rate, testing rate and testing positivity rates. You can view this traffic light system here. Further information on travelling to Ireland during the COVID-19 pandemic, including the categories of passengers not requested to restrict their movements on arrival, is available HERE.
Stay and Spend Scheme - The Irish Government have announced this new scheme where a tax refund of up to €125 (through a tax credit) will be offered to tax payers who spend up to €625 on accommodation, food, and non-alcoholic drinks in hotels, restaurants and other qualifying businesses between October 1, 2020 and April 30, 2021, click here for more information.
PRIOR TO YOUR ARRIVAL
• Confirmation email and communication guidance on a simple online check in process to reduce contact time at reception.
• Mealtimes can be booked pre arrival.
• Please note, Ireland will be following the EU’s coordinated approach to travel restrictions in the context of COVID-19. This ‘traffic lights’ approach provides for regions across the EU and the UK to be categorised as green, orange, red or grey, on the basis of the risk levels associated with COVID-19. A combined indicator map is updated weekly by the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC), based on agreed criteria, including the 14-day cumulative incidence rate, testing rate and testing positivity rates. You can view this traffic light system here.
• A warm welcome awaits you.
• Hand sanitiser station is provided at reception and we will also have safety screens in place at our reception desk.
• We would ask that just one person from your party checks in with us to collect room keys and receive our information leaflet on guest measures.
• Re confirm mealtimes.
• We would ask our guests to be patient and observe the social distancing signage.
• We will request your permission to disinfect your luggage should you require assistance
PUBLIC / COMMUNAL AREAS
• We have increased the frequency of cleaning our public areas including lobbies, elevators, door handles, public bathrooms etc.
• We have increased the deployment of hand sanitisers on entry and exit points throughout the hotel.
• Guest accessible disinfectant wipes and hand sanitisers are available at entrances and high traffic areas.
• Any areas where guests queue will be clearly marked for the recommended physical distancing. This includes drop-off areas, check-in, reception, elevator lobbies, public and dining areas.
• Physical distancing is active within the entire building.
• Advanced check in and check out with digital billing is available, touchless payment and emailed invoices will be encouraged.
• Enhanced staff safety and well-being with personal protective equipment and enhanced training and protocols.
• Common touch points in public areas will be hourly sanitised.
• Please note from December 4th 2020, and the month of December, the Leisure Centre will operate on the days the hotel is open Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday. Opening hours, for residents and members as follows: Thursday 10am – 6pm; Friday 10am – 7pm; Saturday 10am – 7pm; Sunday 10am – 4pm.
• The number of guest in the pool will be controlled and pre booked swim times will be required.
• We will encourage all guests to change in their bedrooms where possible, however if you wish to use the pool changing facilities you may do so. A strict sanitisation programme will be in place for these areas.
• The Steam Room, Sauna and Jacuzzi will remain closed until further notice.
• Government and WHO guidelines are used for the cleaning and sanitising protocols of all pool areas, high-touch points will be repeatedly sanitised.
• The pool area will be pressure washed and sanitised each evening and regular chemical//chlorine checks will be done and recorded.
• Enhanced cleaning of our leisure centre to include hourly sanitisation of the entire area which will involve closure for approx. 15 mins each hour.
• Pre-booking of swim times will be required.
• Please note from December 4th 2020, and the month of December, the following dining options will be available, Thursday - Sunday inclusive for residential guests and non-residential dining. Pier 37 Bar from 12noon and operate under usual hours on Thursday, Friday & Saturday night. Hobson’s Restaurant open on Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings. Festive Afternoon Tea from €25pp. Dining reservations are recommended 051-862300 / email@example.com
• Please note face coverings must be worn by customers when arriving to and leaving your table.
• There is a maximum of six people from no more than 3 households allowed per table.
• We will continue to adjust food and beverage service in accordance with current food safety recommendations and social distancing.
• Enhanced cleaning and other changes to buffets, in-room dining and meeting rooms.
• Seating capacities have been reduced to allow for physical distancing between tables.
• All meal times for customers will be confirmed prior to arrival to ensure social distancing.
• Breakfast will be served by buffet, all safety measures are in place to ensure social distancing, please adhere to directions and guidance from the breakfast team.
• All other meals will be provided “a la carte style”, some cold items may be available for hand collection and we ask that you maintain social distancing practice.
• All condiments have been removed from dining tables and can be served to you by your waiting team.
• Single use “disposable” menus will be offered to comply with hygiene standards.
• In-room dining will be conducted with minimal contact or you can opt to have your order left outside your door. All food is covered throughout transit.
• No formal or informal events, parties or meetings can be organised on the premises for more that 6 people.
• Gatherings are restricted to maximum of 6 people indoors and 15 people outdoors.
• Please note weddings of up to a max of 50 people including staff are exempt.
• Extra disinfection of all high touch point areas in guest rooms including light switches and door handles.
• Reduced paper amenities (such as notepads and guest directories) in rooms.
• Cleaning procedures will be constantly reviewed and updated by management daily.
• Our linen providers, Celtic Linen, have used their extensive experience in processing healthcare linen to develop procedures for safe processing of hospitality linen for the protection of employees and customers. Celtic Linen’s expertise in serving the healthcare markets always strictly follow all stringent guidelines for safely processing contaminated linens. Celtic Linen is an EN14065 RABC accredited company which operates to the highest possible industry standards. As such, the business processes are guaranteed, and Celtic Linen guarantees the strictest quality requirements in terms of hygiene, monitoring, and continuity.
BEHIND THE SCENES
• Signage and hand sanitise dispensers located throughout our back of house areas.
• All team members will be full training on all new procedures relating to Covid-19.
• Mandatory temperature checks for all staff at the start of each shift.
• Team members shifts will be staggered to ensure social distancing.
• High touch points in offices are disinfected regularly.
• HACCP systems updated.
• Facility for Express Check out.
• Contactless payment available.
• For now we have replaced our handshake with a nod and a smile.
The Tower Hotel has a full list of protocols to follow should a colleague or guest become ill. These guidelines do not constitute legal advice and are purely for guidance only.